Saturday, November 10, 2012

Glow

I keep waiting for the words to flow out of me like water and folks it just isn't going to happen. In my last post I mentioned posting about spiritual lessons that I learned from the Feast. I can't make it happen the way I wanted to. I know what I've learned. Written down it sounds cliche, icky and oh so like a delicious coke that has gone flat. Can't do it. Apologies. Perhaps another day.
I will try it this way...
I Peter 4:8 "Above all else remain fervent in your love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins." This is a building block of my heart and soul. God is love. Remain fervent in Him, and you will be refined. Your sins slowly but surely fading from the blackish crimson stains that twist us, and they shall be as white as snow. (Is. 1:18)
 Being fervent means being invested. Happy. Glowing. Being true. Being yourself. Listening to the broken. Keeping your mouth and mind away from condemnation. If we remain committed, on fire, zealous and all things true then love is like breathing. We just do. And mercy follows.
A friend just posted this to my facebook wall . . .

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love." - Sophocles

No comments:

Post a Comment